Art cities and archaeological sites
Il Sassone Estate in Massa Marittima is not far from some important archaeological sites and the main art cities in Tuscany. Here are our suggestions!
- San Gimignano
The Old Maremma Towns
- Massa Marittima
- Bolgheri and San Guido
- Pitigliano, Sovana and Sorano
- Castiglione della Pescaia
Archaeological sites to discover
The area is rich in ancient history and has many important archaeological sites and museums. Some of which are:
- The ruins of Castello della Pia de’ Tolomei, which can also be reached on foot along a gentle walk;
- The Etruscan site (necropolis and city) in Accesa Lake;
- The site of Vetulonia with the remains of the important town is a great location for visiting the burial mounds;
- Roselle – ancient Etruscan then Roman port city;
- Populonia and the necropolis in Golfo di Baratti;
- Vulci with the Castle on the Devil’s Bridge.